Are you one of those people who have ever wondered whether you should wear a robe all day long? Is it normal and hygienic? It turns out that robes are very versatile and the number of different models available on the market is huge, making it possible for everyone to choose something for themselves. There are many situations in which wearing a robe is a good idea and comfortable, and in this article, we will answer many important questions you may have about them.
So is it normal for me to wear a robe all day? The robe is very comfortable and you should be able to wear it all day without any issues, but after that, you should definitely wash it. Is the bathrobe only about comfort and convenience? Is wearing it all day healthy? Let’s find out.
Can you wear a robe all day long?
A robe is ideal for use at home, but also in places such as swimming pools, spas, hotels, and wellness centers. Many people put it on at home as soon as they wake up, and at weekends it is sometimes worn for several hours. Of course, wearing a robe is comfortable and convenient, but it is very important to remember to wash it regularly.
It is convenient to have, for example, two to choose from and wash them alternately, because the hygiene of these clothes is just as important as, for example, pajamas, underwear or the rest of your clothes. So, is it normal to wear a robe all day long? It probably happens to all of us, and there is nothing wrong with that, as long as we remember to wash it regularly. Here you can read more about comparisons of the most popular sleep outfits “a robe or pajama?“.
Why is it worth having a robe?
It turns out that there are many reasons why it is worth having a robe. Next to pajamas or a shirt for sleeping, it is a very practical complement to these clothes. If you value comfort and convenience at home, or even in a hotel on a trip, it’s worth investing in at least one robe. And several reasons may convince you:
1) After bathing, showering, or swimming in the pool – Whether you have a bathtub or a shower after you’ve finished bathing, a robe will help prevent cooling down.
2) The perfect complement to your pajamas or nightdress, and for when you need to quickly put something on after getting out of bed.
3) When you have guests at your place for the night, it is worth having one more robe for your guests. They will certainly appreciate this nice gesture and won’t have to be embarrassed to walk around in their pajamas or underwear.
4) Perfect for a spa day with friends, a pajama party, or after leaving the pool or sauna. The robe is a typical home garment but can be worn successfully in the places mentioned above.
5) Terry robe can be treated as a towel, because of its suitable material. It absorbs moisture and keeps you warm, it is also a great alternative to a towel when there is a lot of rain when you get heavily wet and need to dry off and warm up.
As it turns out, a bathrobe is very versatile and everyone in the house can wear it, adults, as well as children. In this article, you can read about robes for men.
What robe for a woman?
The advantages of a robe will be appreciated by everyone who likes home comfort and relaxation after a long day at work, for example, informal clothes or a uniform. It is also a very good idea for a gift, so if you are looking for a good and practical idea for your family or friends, you can choose just a robe. This part of clothing is also appreciated by women, but is it easy to match the right cut and material?
In the case of some women’s robes, less is more. There is nothing more elegant than a woman who presents her body charms to a man in a sensual way, wrapped in a sensual satin robe with lace that is gentle to the skin. Such a dressing gown is the perfect addition to your existing nightwear. Suitable materials are for example satin or silk, popular colors are red, pink, black, or even navy blue.
Which robe material should I choose?
There are many styles and materials of robes available in shops, which are dedicated to different seasons of the year or places where we want to wear them. It is advisable to have at least two models in your home wardrobe, one for warmer and one for colder seasons. The most popular materials are cotton, velour, terry, satin, or silk, each of which has its unique properties:
- Cotton, very popular and practical, can be worn on any winter morning or evening. The advantages of cotton are that good quality cotton will be pleasantly soft and well absorbent – so it will cover your body from the cold and also dry the remaining water after a shower, for example.
- Terry cloth is extremely absorbent thanks to its special manufacturing method and the numerous loops of which its surface is composed. Terry bathrobes do not crease, are very absorbent, and insulate very well. They are ideal for cold winter mornings.
- Velour is a material that for several seasons is again one of the most fashionable fabrics, not only when it comes to robes, but also when it comes to furniture upholstery or making other garments. Velour is a material that looks very exclusive, it resembles velvet, a robe made of it is also very elegant.
- Satin, satin robes are highly valued by both ladies and gentlemen. They allow you to feel tasteful even after the morning bath and while preparing breakfast. Satin is a delicate, airy material, we like it, especially for its shine. It adheres well to the body, and in summer gives a pleasant feeling of coolness and comfort on the skin.
- Silk is one of the most desirable fabrics we know. This material is produced from the yarn of mulberry or wild silkworms. Silk threads are very durable, do not soak up water, insulate well against heat, and at the same time, the fabric is very delicate and also has, like satin, a beautiful sheen.
When it comes to the material of which the robes are made, we have a very wide choice, depending on the season, age, or place where we want to wear them. One type is worn after a bath, for example, and another with elegant underwear, and in this post, you can read about how to wear a robe at the swimming pool.
In Summary – Should you wear a robe all day?
Depending on the season and where we want to wear robes, we have a wide range of fabrics and cuts to choose from. Some are thicker, ideal for warmth and drying, while others are more elegant, and thinner for sensual lingerie, for example. A robe is great, especially at home, but whether I should wear a robe all day long has to be matched with taking care of hygiene and washing it regularly.
This part of clothing should be washed at least once a week, and sometimes even more often, let’s remember that proper hygiene of our clothes means our health. You can also read in this article about your girlfriend wearing a robe all day long.